top of page

Group

Public·68 members
Landon Torres
Landon Torres

Where Can I Buy Ghost Pepper Hot Sauce

Make your own ghost pepper hot sauce at home with this recipe, which includes plenty of chopped ghost peppers, tomatoes, vinegar and salt. Big flavor, big spice! With a pleasant blast of heat. Drizzle it over everything!

where can i buy ghost pepper hot sauce

Ghost pepper hot sauce coming at you, baby! You GOTTA have some ghost pepper sauce in the fridge for times when you need that extra bit of heat. Our ghost pepper plants weren't quite as productive as our 7-pot plants this year, but we still got plenty of pods for whipping up some hot sauce.

It is possible to overdose on capsaicin, the chemical that makes chili peppers hot. However, the only way you can die from eating ghost peppers is if you eat them in sufficient quantity. A study performed in 1980 calculated that it would take consuming 3 pounds of superhot pepper powder, like ghost pepper powder, to kill a person weighing 150 pounds. It is highly unlikely anyone could consume that amount, as their body would react before reaching such a limit.

I have an load of ghost peppers turning colors now and have been looking for a recipe for them. I'm really looking forward to making this one. Just curious if you seed the peppers or just remove the stems before chopping. Thanks in advance!

I grew some peach ghost peppers this summer for the 1st time, so I decided to try this recipe. I used a pint jar of roasted tomatoes that we had previously canned. I added 2 cloves of garlic and substituted aged Sherry vinegar for the red wine vinegar. Came out absolutely awesome!

Hi again Mike. I have a few chocolate brown Reapers coming along that I want to make a sauce with. Is there some tomato like vegetable I can use to thicken things up without changing the colour of the sauce too much? Want to keep it the same as the peppers as much as possible. Thanks!

Third time making this one and it's becoming my go to ghost pepper sauce. Changed it up this time with the peppers and veggies in the smoker for 3 hrs instead of cooking it. Left out the water as well to keep it thicker. It is so freaking good.

My 3rd time using this as a base recipe. This year I used ghost peppers frozen from last year's garden(some green, some red) I made a double batch with 12 peppers, added 6 cloves of garlic, and 7 or 8 small/medium tomatoes from the garden. I find the liquid from the extra tomatoes gives it a smoother consistency after it's pureed, and it pours from the bottle a little better, and I like the flavor profile the garlic adds. Friends and co-workers ask every year when I'm gonna have more. Thanks for the recipe!

The flavor of the sauce is nice, but it has a really strong tomato presence. If you're looking to make a more peppery hot sauce, I'd replace the tomatoes with a milder pepper instead. The sauce as is tastes more like a tomato salsa than a hot sauce. The red wine vinegar adds a great flavor though, and in the future I will tweak it to have more pepper, less tomato, and add garlic!

Hi, Nins. Welcome. You can process the bottles in a water bath for longer shelf keeping. The sauces will remain shelf stable for years that way, until they are opened. Then I refrigerate, though some people still don't refrigerate. Kind of a personal choice with hot sauces of high acidity/low pH. In the fridge, hot sauces can last a year or longer, though mine never last that long. Just keep an eye on them as they age, especially ones with fruit. See this page for reference on canning/jarring as a start: -chili-peppers/canning-or-jarring-chili-peppers/

Just finished mine. I used six ghost peppers that were still green. Used white distilled vinegar (only thing I had on hand) and added some cumin and it tastes great just enough heat. Thanks for the recipe!

Hi. Going to be trying this recipe out as we just picked a bunch of ghost peppers. Just a quick question though... do you dry the peppers out first before cutting them or do you use them fresh in this recipe?

I haven't tried this recipe out yet, but I did get a ghost scorpion plant at the flower market, and the peppers on it look gnarly. I'll make something this week as soon as I pick a few more chilis and let you all know.

Bout time Google sent me somewhere worth goin....thanks. I needed this in my life, won't let me subscribe but, you have my email, I'm growing all the hottest peppers I can, I want to try a salsa or pepper sauce with Cherokee purple tomatoes and ghosts...

I've used this as a base recipe for hot sauces since finding this site and it never disappoints. Have swapped the ghost peppers with everything from jalapeno for less heat to scorpion peppers and reapers for some crazy heat. Hottest was with dehydrated scorpion peppers. Wow.Yesterday made this with a handful of jalapenos and serrano peppers. Typically throw in some chopped garlic and a cup of water to lessen the thickness. Simmer for 45 minutes. Secret ingredient is perri-perri seasoning. 1 Tablespoon when you add the water. Give it a try!

Amazing recipe. Just made it for the 2nd time, I used dried peppers because I didn't have fresh ones so I just put them in hot water for 30 mins to get them closer to fresh peppers, and used 6 ghost peppers with the addition of 2 carolina reapers, a small clove of garlic, a bit of paprika (I'd use smoked paprika but didn't have any), and a tiny touch of dried oregano and dried basil.It turned out just amazing once again, and all of my spice hating friends ended up eating lots of it and suffering while enjoying the great taste. Would recommend to anyone who loves hot foods, Thanks for the great recipe, I will surely make lots of it in the future.

This is an amazing recipe. I made this sauce this morning with ghost peppers from our garden. While I love all things spicy my husband is not a huge fan of super spicy. I ended up only using 3 ghost peppers and it was the perfect level of spice so my husband could enjoy it as well. I ended up caramelizing the onion and the ghost pepper, added garlic as someone suggested in another review. I also used 15 to 20 drops of liquid smoke per pint of sauce which gave it a nice smoky flavor. Will definitely make this recipe again! Thank you for sharing it.

Hi Michael this is my second year making your hot sauce.I made multiple batches last year cause of the abundance Ghost and Reaper plants.Our plants grow in the ground and they last well into October.I wound up making a green sauce as I could not bear to watch the green peppers freeze to death!

I grow serranos to make giardeneria. I grew some ghost peppers as well last year and would add only one or 2 into the mix that fills about 4 large Ball jars for canning, so basically a ton of serranos, carrot, celery, pimiento olives, cauliflower, seasoning, canola oil, all brined, diced, a run through some vinegar, bottle and seal. It created a lot of extra heat. I'm growing again this year and still have some of the canned jars from last year, opened a jar today, the oil alone could strip paint, very hot, which is kind of normal, it does gain a little heat over time. Might try a mild giardeneria or even just olive mix and add a few of the Ghosts. My brother cooked them like a jalapeño popper, ate them, but he's challenged on many levels. I think I will also make a giardeneria with Balsamic and some ghosts. In years past the balsamic was horrible for Italian beef, etc, but awesome on pork chops and the heat of the serranos was greatly, greatly reduced. Worth a shot, they are already growing on my rooftop.

I just made this, but doubled the recipie to 12 ghost peppers, alogn with doubling the other ingrediants, it is so good! My ghost pepper plant has about 50 of them on it, had no idea what to do with them without making something uneatable, this sauce tastes so good, I took it to work and my coworkers loved it and took some for themselves! I am gonna be making another batch of this soon, thanks! I guess one question would be, what kind of onions do you use? I used white onions, but could you use different ones?

Subbed 3 serrano for 3 ghost peppers (I only had 3 :c), subbed apple cider vinegar for red wine vinegar, and added maybe a tsp of raspberry balsamic vinegar. Has a nice slow but gradually increasing burn, and a whisper of tart fruitiness from the balsamic and ACV. Going to try following the exact recipe after I get more peppers, but the modified version is pretty good too ^_^

Outstanding sauce! This was my first attempt at hot sauce and after altering just a bit (I was afraid of the heat) I ended up with something fantastic! I made a quintuple recipe adding to it 2 red bell peppers, 50 baby carrots and using apple cider and red wine vinegar plus three table spoons of lime juice. I needed higher acidity as I am planning to can this and give as Christmas gifts. Anyway, the smell while cooking was mouthwatering and the final result... addictive. I kept a small amount out of the canned supply because it smelled so good! We put this-hot from the batch- on fajitas... amazing! Fruity and extremely flavorful followed by heat at the end. Will be making a batch with Carolina Reapers tomorrow. Thank you for a great recipe!

Fantastic hot sauce! Checks all the boxes for flavor followed by heat! I adjusted a bit only because I was afraid of it... I made a quintuple recipe, added two red peppers, 50 baby carrots, and used apple cider and red wine vinegar plus a little lime juice because I want to can it for storage. It smelled outstanding during the cook and tasted great on grilled cheese sandwiches (we kept a tiny bit aside for immediate use- curiosity killed the cat). Tomorrow I take on the Carolina Reaper- using a combination of this recipe and your super hot recipe. Thank you! As a first time hot sauce maker, I now know I can create something delicious with all our beautiful peppers!

Hi Mike,My husband is pepperhead like you so this year I decided I was going to grow some hot peppers for him. Unfortunately the ghosts and Carolina's never came in ? the plants are big and beautiful and tons of flowers, but no fruits. The habaneros however came in really good so I was going to use them for a sauce instead. I was just wondering how many you would reccomend using? For my husband, the hotter the better. I've never made a hot sauce before so I thought I'd ask your opinion first. Thanks a bunch! ? 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

bottom of page